Follow on Bloglovin

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Purse-sonality

What's It Wednesday #75

I'm late, I'm late, I'm late for an important date. This post was delayed due to a tummy bug my five year old is suffering from. So now that he is fast asleep, let me tell you about one of my latest acquisitions.

Some of you may know that I have a weakness for silver boxes, purses, and cigarette cases. So the other day I decided to treat myself by visiting one of my favorite antique stores. There she was sitting in the front display case calling out my name. 

I immediately fell in love with this silver Nécessaire. A Nécessaire is a small portable object that is used to carry small items needed for every day use. So therefore, I felt it was necessary for me to take her home and display her on my grandmother's childhood vanity. Immediately she looked like she was right at home. Her pretty little chain reminded me of an elegant silver necklace. I can just imagine the wonderful parties she  attended in her prime. 

What attracted me the most were the little compartments inside. I have always loved the little coin slots. Imagine that was enough money for a night on the town. 


The compact is so cute and once held the lady's face powder. These women that owned these purses were truly together and very fashionable.



The ladies use to put dance cards and calling cards on the right. Like I do with my cigarette cases, I place special pictures of loved ones in the open space. This Nécessaire has so much purse-sonality. 

What are some items that you feel are necessary to display?

xoxoxoxo
Paula



Thanks to all of you who partied with us last week. Please link-up and join us again. Remember, it's not a party without you!

Here are this Week's Features:

Tea Cottage Pretties

Uniquely Ella

For the Love of White







Here are this Week's Features:
Chateau Chic


Don't Forget to Add a Feature Button!
Ivy and Elephants



Come show off your whatchamacallits, what is its, what it once was, and "hey, look what I just did" posts. In other words, what you created, organized, designed or re-designed, found, purchased, transformed, inherited, re-purposed, renovated, are selling, or giving-away.
Please be sure to do the following for us:

34 comments:

chateau chic said...

Sure hope your little guy feels better soon. Thanks so much for hosting!
Mary Alice

Uniquely Ella said...

Thanks for featuring my blog, so sweet. Loveing the little silver
Nécessaire, love the picture too, what a blessing.
xxx
Marlene

Meg said...

Stunning pictures Paula!

Unknown said...

I love that little case you found. I don't think I've ever seen one before. Thank you ladies for hosting again this week. Blessings, Patti

Unknown said...

I hope your son will be fine real soon. You certainly can find amazing items! I like to display bird figurines and candlesticks. Thanks for hosting and enjoy the rest of your week.

Collar City Brownstone said...

OMG, I absolutely LOVE that little silver Necessaire. Now I am going to be on the lookout for one for myself.

Collar City Brownstone said...

OMG, I absolutely LOVE that little silver Necessaire. Now I am going to be on the lookout for one for myself.

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Wow, what an amazing purse! Very pretty :) Hope your son feels better soon! Greetings from Australia♥ ~Pernilla

SwedishCorner ~ DownUnder...Pernilla said...

... Thank you so much for hosting too! Great features also :) Hugs Pernilla

Salmagundi said...

That was a necessary purchase - it is adorable! Sally

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Paula,
Thanks so much for hosting!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Paula,
Cute little silver purse, I can see why you fell in love with it! Your little daughter's photo looks perfect in there. Thanks for hosting and have a great rest of your week.
Gina

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Ok, never saw one of these, and I have got to know, were the coins in it and are they the right ones for the era? I am a coin person...so inquiring minds need to know!

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Paula, I have a similar Nécessaire and it still has the powder and a small pot of lipstick. Yours is lovely! Thanks for sharing at the Open House party.
xx,
Sherry

Susie said...

Paula, I love that little case. It is so unique. I like how you put the children's pictures in them. xoxo,Susie

Natasha in Oz said...

Oh there's nothing worse than a sick little one. I hope he's feeling a little better now.

Thanks so much for having me today.

Best wishes,
Natasha in Oz

Laura Turner said...

Hi Paula, I love your necessaire! The places for coins are so adorable. I too have a passion for silver and love all silver items from coin to sterling to plate. I joined your party and became a follower. I have a Vintage View Sunday party and would love for you to join us!

The Porcelain Rose said...

Hope everyone is feeling better.
As always.... thank you for hosting a lovely party each week.
Elizabeth

Jennelise said...

Beautiful pictures! Always a pleasure to join your party! Get well wishes to your boy.
Jennelise

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

What a lovely find! I so love beautiful vintage items. makes you wonder about the ladies that cared for them before you became they came to you. Beautiful.

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

Oh and thank you ever so kindly for featuring my jewelry box. I have part three of my jewelry box project up on my blog. I absolutely LOVE your blog..... Hugs, Beverly

Alessandra said...

Oh...very original! I' ve never seen a such pretty purse before. I hope your "little love" feels better soon!!!
Kisses
Alessandra

Curtains in My Tree said...


I love your new found treasure
I have a few as you know and I love them all
I hope to find some more this summer at estate sales etc

hope you little guy is better by now

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

I love your new little treasure. The coin slots are so cool. Hope the little one is feeling better. Thanks for hosting! Have a happy rest of the week. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse

Tazas y Cuentos said...

Such a lovely necessaire! And it sure has an interesting story to tell from the past...
Thank you very much for hosting!
Besos! Silvina

The Charm of Home said...

My links aren't clicking through. I'll try again later. Thank you for hosting!
Sherry

cindy said...

Sorry to hear your little one was sick. :(

Love your case! And love that you put such a cute little pic in there :)


Just getting back into blogging, so happy to have something to link up to your party. Thanks for hosting!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I hope your cutie feels better soon, as my little grand is so sich too..I feel so sorry for them, sweet children! Thank you for the party ladies. I love your porcelain clock, you have the loveliest things! Enjoy your weekend.
FABBY

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your necessaire is very pretty. It is elegant. I enjoyed seeing it displayed with your little white antique clock.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

That is so beautiful and charming.

I had no idea what these were called. I have a small, brass case that I've had for many years, and I use it for bank cards.

Karena said...

Dear Paula, I missed this last party! It looks like it was a good one!

Please Join my Giveaway from Segreto Finishes!
xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Auro @ Add that Xtra in the Ordinary said...

what lovely treasures you have Paula,absolutely stunning. Hope your little one feels better.Thanks for hosting the lovely party once again.

Kathy said...

I sure hope your little one is feeling better now. I just love the silver Necessaire - it is gorgeous! I appreciate you hosting,
Kathy

Red Rose Alley said...

This little case is so pretty, and how special that you put it on your Grandmother's tray. Can you imagine the ladies that owned this before? I love antiques; there is so much history in them. I love how you put a picture of your daughter in there.

Hope your little one is feeling better. So sorry to hear about that.

Thank you for the visit. Your comments are always so sincere and special.

Love,
~Sheri

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ivy and Elephants
Gratitude is the Memory of the Heart ~ French Proverb ~ We are so grateful that you stopped by ~ Please visit again soon! ~ Much Love, Patricia and Paula