Follow on Bloglovin

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Snack Bar

What's It Wednesday #152


My next organizational project includes my bedroom armoire. We don't have televisions in the bedrooms so I have been wanting for this to become a snack bar. The sad part was that I had no idea what to do.

My mother gave the armoire to me years ago and I fell in love with the beautiful wood grain. 

So of course you know what happened. It became a catch-all. Out of sight out of mind. Something had to be done then one day I had an idea.

1) I closed up the television hole in the back with bead board using liquid nails.
2) I primed the entire inside of the armoire.
3) Added shelves (The one shelf that belonged to the piece some how got lost in the last move).


4) Painted the inside with Olympic Heirloom Lace from Lowes.


I added convenience to the top shelf. These baskets keep the essentials. 

This beautiful box now is the catch-all. Can you believe that it is empty? Not for loooong. Hubby and I don't have to run down the hall for TP. I love that the room and mattress sprays are nearby. Our personal wash clothes and towels are no longer in the linen closet.  We no longer have to rummage around looking for a safety pin because they are in the silver lidded jar. 


I am always writing. Between journaling, planning family events or projects, I am forever in need of a pen or pencil. When I need one, it's a mission to find one. These decorative book boxes were just what I needed. 

The pièce de résistance, the Snack Bar. Hubby and I try very hard to eat healthily. The one thing we know is that if we allow ourselves to get hungry, we will eat the wrong things. If the wrong things are in the house...well we will eat them. A biscotti cheat now and again is ok. 


Not having to go downstairs for a cup of tea is a life saver. The electric tea kettle makes it possible to have hot cocoa, tea,  or even a cup of oatmeal.

The photo boxes at the bottom have really been a huge help. My husband I have personal boxes. The Technology box has the chargers, ear buds, mini speakers, iPods, etc. The Stationery box houses Thank You cards, note pads, post-it notes, book marks, etc. 


Although the cream is down the hall in the mini fridge in the guest room, the sweetener is right near the kettle. 




The little elephant has a little sachet in it's belly so the inside of the armoire always smells wonderful. 
I added one more element to the snack bar. I added the stick on pot lights. Now there is no fumbling in the dark when looking for a midnight snack. 

My husband and I, and even sometimes the kids, lie in the bed and stair inside the armoire as if there was a television in there. By the way, it makes an awesome night light. 

Do you have any transformations you can share with us?

xoxoxo

Paula

Source List:
Liquid Nails, paint, caulk, primer, bead board and wooden shelves - Lowes

Wash clothes and towels - Home Goods

Wire Baskets - Home Goods

Book Boxes - 50% off at Michaels

Pearl pencils - Michaels

Mother-of-Pearl Opera Glasses - Antique Store

Catch-all box - Michaels

Picture Frame - Home Goods

Silver trays - Antique Stores

White tray with glass bottom - Target

Tranquility Sign - TJ Maxx

Electric Procter-Silex Kettle (1 liter)- Amazon.com

Voss water - Target

Mugs/Cups - Home Goods

Silver Elephant Sachet - Marshalls

Tranquility Sign - TJ Maxx

Silver Creamer - Antique Store

Silver and Crystal serving bowl - Gift from a friend

Glass Decanters with silver colored top - TJ Maxx

Biscotti - Home Goods

Nuts - Target

Photo Boxes - Michaels



Thanks to all of you who partied with us last week. Please link-up and join us again. Remember, it's not a party without you!


Don't Forget to Add a Feature Button!
Ivy and Elephants


We are partying with these fine folks:
Come show off your whatchamacallits, what is its, what it once was, and "hey, look what I just did" posts. In other words, what you created, organized, designed or re-designed, found, purchased, transformed, inherited, re-purposed, renovated, are selling, or giving-away.  

59 comments:

Sarah said...

You are a clever lady! This is a great idea for making the best use of this armoire. We don't have TV in our bedroom either. ;-)

Lou Lou Girls said...

Hello beautiful ladies! Thank you for hosting such a fabulous party! We would love it if you would stop by our party and share one of your amazing projects.We would really appreciate it. Happy Tuesday! Lou Lou Girls

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Thanks for the party. Happy February!
Gina

The Summer Kitchen Girls said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS. and do we mean GOODNESS....that is really quite the transformation and full of TEA...and SNACKS? OH. MY.
We are in heaven...this is by far one of the most clever ideas. EVER.
There....said it....don't know how you will ever top this one (but we know you will!!!)
Enjoy your week!!!
Karla & Karrie

Pinky at Designs by Pinky said...

OMGoodness, your snack bar is FABULOUS!!! What a great idea! I love it and you did a great job! Thanks again for hosting your fun party!!!

Karen said...

Wow Paula, you did a great job transforming your armoire. I have one thast being moved from the living room to the bedroom and I'm sure going to copy what you did!it's brilliant and perfect for a bedroom. Thanks for hosting and for the great inspiration.

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

I am seriously in LOVE with your repurposed cabinet. You have a place for everything - and then you added a snack bar !!! I have to go and look at all your photos again. Then I will link up. Thank you for hosting today. Happy Valentines Day in advance.
Joy

Antiques And Teacups said...

Love your converted armoire...with the perfect elephant handles! So cute! Thanks for hosting and have a great week!
Ruth

Nellie's Cozy Place said...

Hi Paula,
What a fabulous idea........and you did a super job on it. It really looks so pretty and how nice it is so convenient as well. Good job, and thanks for sharing it with us, and also for hosting this fun party.
Blessngs,
Nellie

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

I love coming by here and seeing what you girls are up to..I have a sitting area in my bedroom and keep a basket full of snacks..I watch tv in there all the time..That way I don't have to watch the news with Len all the time ha ha!!my little great grandson always heads to my room too see what goodies I have in the basket..Love ya guys..hugs Gloria
ps..you don't have to reply back to me..no one wants to visit a ghost blog..

sheerserendipity said...

Thanks so much for the party!

Our Hopeful Home said...

This is a awesome! Very ingenious! My only problem would be that we don't exactly eat healthy snacks:)Love what you did, and the night light is icing on the cake!
xoKathleen

Poppy said...

A very pretty and practical transformation!! Clever, crafty, and creative. Thanks so much for hosting. Wishing you a lovely week!

Poppy

Doreen@foxdenrd said...

A great way to make something work for you differently than it's intended purpose. So pretty and practical!

Thank you for the party!

FABBY'S LIVING said...

OMG, it's gorgeous! Your armoir is fabulous and you did an awesome job. What a great piece and I love how pretty all your elements inside it are!
Thanks for hosting Paula.
Have a lovely week.
FABBY

Deanies Stash said...

You did a super job with your armoire. Now it is so useful and organized!!

Have a great week!

Hugs, Dianne

Karen @ karensuponthehill said...

Good morning and thanks for the feature Paula!
Have a great day dear!

Kameel huise tussen spore said...

A very clever idea from a very clever lady. Thanks for sharing your snack bar and for hosting

miss-red-fox said...

I love the black metal wire baskets and the teapot tags! Very nice! Thanks for hosting!

Crystal Grandeur said...


Thank you dear Paula...There are no words... I can only say, thank you for featuring my "My wish Table' on your weekly blog features.It's a honour to get featured on your blog with the other beautiful creations.

Thanks for visiting my blog.

Love Sujatha

Elaine said...

Your project turned out great! Aren't you smart! It's terrific!
Thanks for the party.
Have a great week - Elaine

Tea Cottage Pretties said...

What a beautiful transformation!!! It is stunning. I love the baskets and that beautiful tray!!! Such a wonderful project. Thank you for sharing and for hosting. Hugs, Beverly

Unknown said...

First of all, I agree with you that your armoire is beautiful! What a delight that you turned it into a place to store snacks and other necessities at your fingertips instead of using it for a TV. We don't have a television in our bedroom either and it keeps the bedroom a restful place. Thanks for sharing and for hosting.
Blessings to you Paula,
Patti

Celestina Marie said...

Your armoire is gorgeous and what a great snack bar it makes. Your transformation is wonderful and the accents you used really make it special.
I am sure you are enjoying this treasure.
Thanks for hosting.
Hugs

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

What a great makeover. I love how everything is styled so beautifully and the colors are gorgeous. I'd sit and stare into it too!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! What a wonderful way to transform your armoire, which is just beautiful by the way. I love the beadboard you put in the back and the shelves. You are just amazing with all of your pretty containers. You're just amazing!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

xinex said...

What a beautiful armoire! You transformed it to something very functional...Christine

Donna Wilkes said...

I am quite jealous of the lovely armoire. Thank you for hosting.

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

Beautiful armoire transformation and no television for us either! I also love, love the photo!
Happy Wednesday and thank you for the beautiful party!
xx-
Jemma

Jillian's Bella Rosa Antiques said...

Wowie! Really nice transformation. I'm so impressed! Also that there is a fridge in the guest room! I'm coming there for my next vacation. :)

Thanks so much for the party!

Susie said...

Paula, I love it !!! You did a fabulous job on the armoire. Very clever ideas too. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

JP said...

I love the transformation, Patti...it turned out beautiful!
JP

Sunny Simple Life said...

I love your snack bar. You always make everything look so polished and put together.

Unknown said...

Amazing repurpose of your armoire! Love the accessories.

Thanks for hosting. Lovely features!

Tina said...

Love what you did with the Armoire, great job! Thank you so much for hosting :)

Pat@Life At Lydias House said...

What a beautiful transformation! I'm pinning this one!

Michelle @ The Painted Hinge said...

I just adore your snack bar!!! What an awesome idea! And I totally hear you about not wanting to go downstairs to make a cup of tea... it's my nightly dilemma!

Linda @ Itsy Bits And Pieces said...

Oh this is a wonderful project! I've been wanting to do something like this and seeing how beautifully yours turned out is inspiring! Thanks for sharing and for hosting the party!

Muscetta said...

Your snack bar is really gorgeous! Ilove it. Thanks for hosting again. have a great weeek. Tina

Curtains in My Tree said...


You definitely put your artist touch on the armoire.
I still have a TV in my bedroom after a hard day at work I need to lay down and upwind. However my TV is setting on my dresser not in a beautiful decorated armoire like yours.
Love the pretty picture of you and your darling little girl.

B. said...

wow. just wow. I LOVE this

Bente said...

What a great idea. Love your project. Your armoire is just beautiful
Hugs from here

Alessandra said...

Very clever idea and great transformation!I love your armoire!! Awesome the night light and very pretty the little tea corner inside.
Kisses
Alessandra

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Beautiful transformation! Love how it looks and how you organized it. Such a lovely treasure.

Pura Vida said...

What a fabulous project

CatieAn said...

what an amazing transformation

Robyn said...

Such a gorgeous armoire, Paula! And what an amazing transformation. It's both functional ad beautiful. You come up with the most amazing ideas!
Thanks for hosting and providing so much inspiration each week :)

Decor To Adore said...

Truly lovely organization! Thank you for hosting.

SimplyWright said...

Thank you so much for telling me about the linky! I've already seen some great things on here! Have a great day!
xxAshleigh

Angelina at Petite Haus said...

That snack bar is such a clever idea!! It looks great!!!

Christina Paul said...

This is fabulous! so creative and useful- may have to steal this idea!

Christina Paul said...

This is fabulous! so creative and useful- may have to steal this idea!

Babs said...

Paula, Wow! Your armoire looks amazing! You did a great job! Love how you styled it, too. Thanks for hosting a great party.

Sherry Clitheroe (writing as Abigail Leigh Reed) said...

Gorgeous! I love this idea. You did it up so beautifully too. :) Please come share your blog posts over at the Home Matters Linky Party! We'd love to have you for a visit. The Door is OPEN. http://lifewithlorelai.com/2015/02/05/home-matters-linky-party-23/ :)

~Lorelai
Life With Lorelai

Jeannie Marie said...

I have nothing new to share. My creativity is at an all time low but perhaps later!

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Love, love what you did with the armoire! Everything is well thought out and you have used such pretty containers! I painted and old one we had Duck egg blue. Put scrapbook paper on the drawers, book pages on the bottom shelf and added rack for guest to hang clothes in one of our guest rooms. I have loved it! Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,.
Jann

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Hi Paula, just hopping back to let you know that I will be featuring you at SYC this week.
hugs,
Jann

The Charm of Home said...

That looks great especially lighted! Thanks for joining Home Sweet Home!

Deborah@Green Willow Pond said...

That is a seriously pretty armoire! Love the transformation and all the beautiful storage. How perfect to have those healthy snacks right there for those late night noshes! Thank you for sharing it at What We Accomplished Wednesdays. Have a great week!
Blessings, Deborah

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Ivy and Elephants
Gratitude is the Memory of the Heart ~ French Proverb ~ We are so grateful that you stopped by ~ Please visit again soon! ~ Much Love, Patricia and Paula